- Call 1889 for information on all services provided for people with disabilities on all means of public transport as well as to report any transport problems you might face. The line operates Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 13:00.
- On all blue buses and trolley buses there are 4 marked seats for disabled people. The same applies for the carriages of the Athens metro and the urban train.
- Most of the new blue buses are equipped with special ramps to facilitate the boarding and disembarking of people with mobility problems, while all new buses are also equipped with a kneeling system for that same purpose.
- All metro stations have access for people with disabilities. The passengers can use the elevators to get to the platforms, whereas there are also special places within the carriages
- People with disabilities will be served first in Greek Railway facilities where relevant notices have been posted. The same applies to the facilities of Olympic Airlines with special priority in the new Athens El. Venizelos Airport and the central Macedonia Airport of Thessaloniki.
- Wheelchairs are also available without charge for the carriage of disabled people within the airport and to the plane.
- In cooperation with IKA (Social Security Organization), airport authorities and the ambulance service (EKAB), Olympic Airlines organize first aid administration and transfer to a hospital without charge. Passengers needing a stretcher are also carried on board. Oxygen can also be provided during the flight if so requested when making the reservation. Special meals (diet, cholesterol free, etc.) are also available if requested when making a reservation. Olympic Airlines also ensure safe transport of unaccompanied minors.
- Reduction on tickets: regarding reduction on OA tickets, please note that under law 2602/98 no reduction can be obtained on OA tickets, with the exception of the following cases:
1. 50% reduction for blind persons and their escort, provided they travel together and use IATA fares for journeys outside Greece.
2. A 50% reduction on fees is granted to disabled persons who wish to obtain an amateur radio operator degree or license or CB.
- Taxi Hire: In Athens there are four taxis, to be booked in advance, for the transportation of the disabled. The contact numbers are:
- Katsonis Brothers: + 302109351757, +306944535762 and +306945781854
- Syndicate of Athens Limousines: + 302103233957 or +302103237942
Please note that the taxis in Athens International Airport are not accessible to people with disabilities. Arrangements for taxi hire should be made in advance.
- Special Vehicles for Hire: The Athens Urban Transport Organization (OASA) provides free of charge transportation for people with disabilities in special vans of 3 to 7 passenger seats and 3 to 4 wheelchair space and one accompanying person. This service is provided strictly by appointment and given that there is availability of carriages.
Tel. 1130 (from Greece)
Contact Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 - 22:00