- Card phones in public areas.
- Special telephone sets for people with hearing problems (with keyboard and screen for recording incoming and outgoing messages, teletext) available from OTE at cost price and payable via interest-free installments, plus free technical support (repair or replacement) irrespective of when it was purchased, apart from cases where the client is obviously responsible.
- Operator service for people with hearing problems through the easily memorized number 8815555.
- Tele-assistance at home: socially vulnerable disabled people can call OTE for help directly. These devices are provided by OTE free of charge.
- A monthly rebate of 1000 units for blind subscribers, people with severe mobility disability and terminal kidney patients.
- Up to 20 free calls per month to the Directory Information Service 11888 and to the service that selectively blocks outgoing calls for blind subscribers and people with severe visual impairment.
- A discount of 16 on the monthly billing for the use of Internet services to persons with a disability percentage of more than 67%.
- Installation of teletext in public areas for people with hearing problems (20 such devices are already in operation at the new Athens El. Venizelos Airport).