THE RASMUS were adored by their Greek fans in the biggest free & loud gig with Acropolis as a backdrop exclusively for MAD
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words... And this is true in the case of Τhe Rasmus who performed live with Acropolis as a backdrop in front of a huge crowd who revered them!
MAD and VODAFONE CU brought The Rasmus from Finland to Greece for a unique live gig.
The fans had gathered in Thissio in the early hours of the afternoon to watch their favorite band. Among them were 300 lucky CU winners who won the VODAFONE CU VIP PASS and were at the front row during the gig. Just before the beginning of the live, there were hoards of people in the Apostolou Paulou foot-walk, waiting in anticipation for the band to arrive.
MAD TV VJ Lydia Papaioannou welcomes them to the 3rd "MAD live in Athens by VODAFONE CU" and the live show begins with the dynamic new single "Livin in a world without you" and the fans shouting the lyrics! Lauri, the frontman says: "We're so excited to be here! It's great!" and continues by saying that they visited the Greek island Folegandros during the summer, a place which inspired them to write a lot of their songs for their new album "Black Roses". Then The Rasmus jam with "Ghost of love", "First day of my life", "Justify" and "Your Forgiveness".
"Acropolis!!!" Εero shouts and then talks about their visit to the Acropolis where they felt like real philosophers... The crowd starts cheering and the high energy set continues with more fan favourite tunes... "No fear", "Immortal", "Pelleily, "Ghostbusters","Sail Away" and of course "In the Shadows"...
Then the band said goodnight but we all knew that this is not the end of their set. Because such an amazing gig can't finish without an encore... "Want Some More?", "Yeahhhh!!!" the fans shouted. Then the drummer Aki throws his drumsticks to the audience and the set culminates with Τhe Rasmus playing the introduction from the theme music of the film "Alexis Zorbas" and their single "Guilty"!
After the end of the gig, all the members of the Rasmus met the winners of the Vodafone CU and Mad Radio 106,2 contests in a special Meet & Greet Session, where they signed their cd's, chatted to them and posed for pictures.
The second day for The Rasmus in Athens begun with a virtual tour of the Ancient Market, which took place in the Hellenic Cosmos, the cultural centre of the Foundation of the Hellenic World. The band learnt about the Greek traditions, our history and culture through 3D animations which were projected over an impressive dome.
Then the band went to the Metropolis store in Kolonaki for an exclusive Autograph Session. Their fans came from different parts of Greece to meet them, and they had queued up at least 3 hours before the session took place. They were all looking forward to have their cds signed, talk to the band and have a photo with them.
But wait, there is more... Mad viewers had the chance to watch an exclusive interview of The Rasmus in Mad tv's show "Your Space" with Evelyn Kazatzoglou and Dimitris Ouggarezos as hosts and listen to their radio interview on Mad Radio 106,2 with Spyrea Sid!
MAD Live in Athens by VODAFONE CU - THE RASMUS!
Additional info for THE RASMUS visit in Athens:
- They said that Thissio is by far the best spot they've ever played live!
- Εero, the bassist of the group, had a pin of his yogi teacher on his t-shirt. And before he went on stage he meditated for half an hour.
- Αki, the drummer, had his birthday on the day of the gig.
- Just before Athens, they visited Mexico, where women flashed them during their live shows and this totally disrupted their attention!
- They talked about Greece in the most impressive way. As they said during the live, many of their new songs were written in the Greek island Folegandros a few months ago.
- They revealed to us that all four of them have children! Eero, in fact, has two!
- Pauli spends six months a year in Singapore with his wife and child. His favorite hobby is wakeboarding on lakes.
- Pauli has also written songs for KWAN! ("Tainted Love", "Shine").
- Eero and Lauri used to be flatmates when they were 18.
- In the autograph session in the Metropolis store, some girls brought black roses, which they had dyed themselves.
- Lauri has 7 nicknames... one of them is "Pauri".
- All four of them admitted to having an obsession with the Greek cuisine.
- Lauri had traditional Greek salad for breakfast!