The 3rd International Short Film Festival Psarokokalo
The 3rd International Short Film Festival Psarokokalo will be held in Athens 1-8 February at the Nixon screening room. The festival aims to present new productions of audiovisual work to the public, that show innovation in the use of images, rhythm and narration through new and older technologies. The programme includes a wide selection of short films (fiction, documentaries and animation) from all over the world.
The 3rd International Short Film Festival Psarokokalo is organised by the non-profit organisation Psarokokalo. The festival programme includes showings by filmmakers from Greece and all over the world, as well as audiovisual galleries and lots of happenings.
Tributes to International Film Festivals:
- Tribute to the International Film Festival of Sarajevo, featuring the best short films selected by the festival's director, Mirsad Purivatra.
- Tribute to the International Film Festival of Amsterdam, with a selection of the best Dutch short films, by Festival Art Director Aneta Lesnikovska.
- Tribute to the famous French director, Francois Ozon, with the support of the French Institute of Athens
- Tribute to Football on the Big Screen, with a selection of the best short films on the subject of football.
- Tribute to the acclaimed Sam Spiegel Film & Television School of Israel, on the occasion of its 20-year anniversary.
- The selection of the films, which have received awards at many prestigious film festivals, was made by famous directors Pedro Almodovar, Theo Angelopoulos, Steve Buscemi, Atom Egoyan, Luc Besson, Todd Haynes, Patrice Leconte, Samira Makhmalbaf, Dusan Makavejev, Nikita Mikhalkov, Todd Solonz, Gus Van Sant and many others.
For more information visit: www.psarokokalo.gr
61B Agisilaou Street
Closest Metro Station: Kerameikos, Line 3
5€ per 2-hour screening
Screening hours: Three 2-hour screenings daily starting at 19:00