The 5th Athens Xclusive Designers Week
The 5th Athens Xclusive Designers Week will take place from 3 -6 April at the Conference Centre of Ethniki Asfalistiki. The legendary Vivienne Westwood presents her famous collection. The “Queen” of punk chic, the woman-legend that is considered to be a vital part of Fashion history will be presenting, for the first time, in Greece her collection in the context of the 5th AXDW.
Emanuel Ungaro the famous French Haute Couture Designer will be presenting, for the 2nd time at the AXDW, his women’s collection Esteban Cortazar.
22 well-known Greek and foreign Designers as well as new talents of Fashion Design will show their new collections for Fall/Winter 09/10.
• Thes Tziveli – the Greek Designer who is based in Italy, has established her brand at an international level and will be presenting her collection this spring in Athens. An elegant presentation based on fur and leather.
• Leila Hafzi – A thrilling Designer from Norway will be visiting Greece for the first time in order to present her innovative work that is expected to impress the Greeks with her sensitized proposals on ecology and environmental protection by using the “vehicle” of Fashion.
• Miltos- the beloved Designer of Haute Couture, influenced by YSL presents at AXDW for the 4th time.
• Katia Delatola- will be presenting for the 2nd time her collection Τwisted Classics based on her own prints.
• Sotiris Georgiou – a talented New Designer inspired by the urban life style presents a meta-modern collection in total black. Supporter of his first show will be the internationally known shoes Designer Ernesto Esposito
• ΜΑΑΝ- Marilena Andreadi is launching for 6 years her line MAAN to the markets of Rome, Paris and Tokyo.
• Sense_nu- The twin Sense_nu consists of a Greek and a Spanish Designer that create clothes that can be worn all day long. This is their first participation at AXDW.
Talented Cypriot Designers:
• Fani Xenophontos – Fani belongs to the team of Liberty of London. Her distinguished style of total femininity and dynamic attitude dresses real women with character this Fall/Winter 09/10.
• Elena Antoniades- the elegant Greek-Cypriot designer, that is based in London and sells in Dubai, New York and many other markets, presents for the second time at AXDW. Elena is the dresses the famous pop star Duffy and many other actresses and famous businesswomen.
• Notis Panayiotou- the Cypriot designer of fancy jewelries presents for the 3rd time at AXDW and this time he will show his inspired clothes collection based on leather.
International brands such as:
• Aventures des Toiles- the famous brand of the French Francois Gadrey, is based on the creative idea to transfer the art work of a painting canvas on clothes and accessories. Aventures de Toiles will be presenting their work and artistic concept in Greece for the first time.
The New Designers Awards:
«New Designers Awards», a constitution that promotes the best new talents of Fashion Design will be presenting this year the works of nine New Designers. Three of them will be awarded as the “Best New Designer”, “Best Trendsetter”, “Best Catwalk”. The New Designers are:
Elie Papakosta, Marina Avdeeva, Dusanka Duric, Rene Karadimou, Xrisanthos, Maria Daskalaki, Zina Glou, DuvO’ και Celebrity Skin by Dimitris Strepkos & Eleni Mparla. AXDW will award the best fresh talents and soon will publicly announce its strategic cooperation with a pan-European constitution that will further enhance its vision”: exporting Greek Fashion globally.
5th ΑXDW – Fashion becomes a Festival and presents:
• The hottestt fashion opening party under the concept ANGLOMANIA. Famous DJs and a super live performance from the DJs Matisse and Cleopatra (Best radio) that is expected to surprise its guests will be following Vivienne Westwood’s catwalk. An absolute “must” Fashion party at the evening of 3rd April that will reflect the ambiance of London!
• The New Designers Awards – This season’s Best-3 New Designers will be awarded by a Committee that consists of Designers, Fashion Editors and Buyers.
• Live workshop by the VAKALO Art & Design in a “live” performance that will create unique designs on t-shirts and bags for the AXDW guests.
• A Forum – Open Discussion on the topics of Art, Fashion and Culture. This year’s “food for thought” will take place in the event of the new edition of the book “Fashion and Modern Art” by the author Dimosthenis Davvetas, in cooperation with Eurasia editions. The forum’s participants will be top politicians, journalists, academics, designers and business people in a time that the international economic crisis demands all to be seen through a different angle. Culture, the refuge of Art and Aesthetics was born in Athens at the ancient and Classic period and was redefined after the Renascence move. Each act is art and all of them indicate our spectrum of aesthetics. More on this topic will be discussed in the open forum on Saturday 4 April, at 15.30, at AXDW.
• An Xclusive Photo Exhibition, a Creative Arts point-of-view of the Designers’ creations will be presented through the photographic lens of George Kaplanidis.
• Live Booths from Best Radio & VFM . Music loves Fashion! Famous DJ’s such as Kleopatra, ΑΜΧ and Nandia Boule will express their music propositions and heat up the catwalks of AXDW.
• Xclusive Cinema in at Gold Class. A unique movie experience for the guests of AXDW is offered by Philips and Village Cinemas. Don’t miss the Gold VIP AXDW sensation!
• Dj’s sets at the catwalks. The producers of Best will accompany the fashion catwalks of the AXDW Designers.
• An Xclusive Gala dressed in bright lights and glamour will conclude the Fashion Festival of AXDW. Further details will be released soon!
The 5th AXDW will be unique! Be there!
For more information visit: www.ax-designers-week.com
Ethninki Asfalistiki Conference Centre
103-105 Syngrou Avenue, Athens
Nearest Metro: Syngrou - Fix