3rd International Art for More Festival at Art House
Art for More is a pioneering international festival dedicated to Art and Mental Health which will take place 9 to 11 October in observance of International Mental Health Day (10 October) at the Art House. Contemporary international works on the theme of "Diversity" and the relation between art and mental health will be featured in three artistic zones: visual arts, cinematic and dramatic, while at the end of each evening, the Art House space will be transformed with an explosive live concert.
This year's festival, with the central theme of "Art without Discrimination," is focusing on the variety of cinematic, dramatic and visual arts representations of diversity through the lens, the body and the works of Greek and foreign artists, as well as on the scientific use of art in art therapy.
• ANIMATION I: Diversity and Uniformity: A charting of the "diverse" through animated pictures. A variety of textures and techniques under the general theme of the attempt to liberate human beings from social compromise and uniformity.
• ΑΝΙΜΑΤΙΟΝ ΙΙ: Αnima as in soul: A collection of esoteric animation on human emotions.
• FICTION SHORTS: Journeys into short-length storytelling through the eyes of foreign and Greek directors.
• VIDEO ART & DANCE: Animated works by engraver Gianis Stefanakis / The adventures of the body's image as a tool in psychotherapy or as a means of liberation.
• SPECIAL INTEREST FILMS - TOPIC: ART AND MENTAL HEALTH Cinematic illustration of mental disorders / Documentary and visual essays on the subject of mental health and art.
• DEDICATION TO THE "RENDEZVOUS WITH MADNESS" INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL The "Rendezvous with Madness" International Film Festival is the first and oldest festival (17 years) showing films related to mental health, addiction and therapy. It presents independent filmmakers from all over the world.
The Playback Psi Company: Playback is a theatrical process whereby a specially trained group of actors acts out stories and narrations from the audience.
Danceetc ON/OFF Company: Performance Video Installation "Intent." Performers: Maria Softsi, Stefanos Letsits Softsis. Choreographer: Maria Softsi.
Olyna Xenopoulou: Monologue performance with excerpts from Hainer Müller's Medea Material
VISUAL ARTS ZONE
An area on the second storey will be specially arranged to present a "visual stroll" where visitors to the festival can walk among works using various techniques by both well-known and new artists. In among the works of professional artists, visitors will also discover and see works by individuals in mental health support programmes.
Konstantinoupoleos 46, Gazi
Nearest Metro: Kerameikos, Line 3