This Is MY Athens!
"This is My Athens" is the continuation of the very popular and successful "This is Athens" campaign. The campaign created the first-ever real-time photostream documenting daily life in Athens. Every day, Athenian locals posted hundreds of photographs taken by them of "their" city. The campaign received thousands of tweets and shares on facebook and twitter and contributed greatly to the image of this contemporary urban, historic and culturally-rich city we know as Athens.
Now, we are getting even cooler and even more personal with "This is My Athens," our visitor greeter program, designed to give you the insider's edge of our city with an Athens Local. Chosen by us and just for you.
"This is My Athens" is a new, free program available to visitors to Athens. It is staffed by volunteer Athenians who are excited to show you "their city" and all it has to offer.
For more information on Athens Locals see below.
Who are the "This is my Athens" Athens Locals?
• Athenians over the age of 18 who love and know their city
• Athenians who live in different parts of the city
• Athenians who are open-minded, cultured, friendly and are excited to share their knowledge of Athens and its many charms with visitors
• Athens Locals speak English and in some instances, additional languages
• Athens Locals are volunteers. They are not professional official licensed tour guides specializing in the history, architecture or cultural heritage of Athens
Don´t miss to sign up now for "This is MY Athens" Greeter Program!